Regional Show Information:
NW: Mike Pike email@example.com Danille Penney firstname.lastname@example.org
NC: Megan Sluyter email@example.com
Jill Fortin firstname.lastname@example.org
NE: Julie Miller email@example.com
WC: Lynnae Burns firstname.lastname@example.org
SE: Frank Korb email@example.com
SW: Tim Znidarsich firstname.lastname@example.org
Sarah Znidarsich email@example.com
New 2016 YAM Documents
2016 YAM Schedule
State Capitol YAM Exhibit-
February 27st - March 11, 2016
YAM Celebration- Friday, March 11, 2016 12:00 P.M.- 1:00 P.M.
If you are not celebrating YAM here are a few quick and painless ideas to get the ball rolling in your school:
1. Have your school library display books about art and artists.
2. Have a bulletin board to explain what Youth Art Month is.
3. Participate in are annual YAM flag design competition.
4. Have dress up days at your school such as primary color days, secondary colors day, complimentary colors day, dress like your favorite artwork or artist day, or wild patterns day.
5. Participate in your regional art show.
6. Have a small art show at a public place in your town.
7. Have art trivia as a part of the school announcements.
8. “Art bomb” parts of your school or other rooms in your school.
9. Do a flash mob, but instead of everyone dancing, have everyone making some art.
These are some simple ways to get your school involved in Youth Art Month! I hope you take a couple minutes to complete the survey. We would love to hear what you do and get some more exciting ideas to help celebrate you, your student artists, and art education!