From Jaehan Bae of the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh.
Asian Art and Culture Interest Group (AACIG) seeks Curricular Resources (CR) that will address Asian art and culture in art education including (but not limit to) Asian art history and philosophy, Asian/Asian diaspora artists’ works and practices, Asian folk art, material culture, popular/visual culture, and traditional or contemporary Asian art. We strongly encourage authors to share images of student work samples, instructional materials (i.e., exit slips, handouts, ppt, or worksheets), and formative and summative assessment instruments as resources for teaching and learning. This may also include handouts, presentation slides, questionnaire, and rubric. The Interest group likes to hear how you teach Asian art and culture in various settings: community, cultural centers, gallery, museums, Pre-K to 12, Higher Ed., non-traditional classroom settings, etc. Selected CRs will be published at the AACIG website (https://sites.google.com/view/aacig/home) and used as instructional materials and resources to a wide range of audiences who is interested in teaching about Asian art and culture. We also strongly encourage you to read our previous CR titled “A Study on the Art Education for Children Using Korean Ink and Wash Paintings” at https://sites.google.com/view/aacig/ir/korean-ink-and-wash-paintings before submitting your CR.
IR Submission as follows:
The CR Submission (2000-2500 words) must include:
1) Cover page (Title, author’s name(s), contact emails, name(s) of affiliation or institution, grade levels or ages of participants);
2) Overview of project
3) Enduring ideas
4) Essential questions
5) National or State Standards or goals
6) Learning objectives
7) 3-5 images of student work samples of project with descriptive captions (In relation to copyright issues, the NAEA permission form is available at https://arteducators-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/147/e865b486-a336-4dcf-814e-8710e608c6b2.pdf?1451955320)
8) Information about referral artifacts (i.e., professional artwork, visual references) that you may use in your CR.
9) Lesson sequences with informal and formal assessment plans (3-5 lessons in paragraphs)
10) Teaching materials and assessment forms (indications with when they used)
12) References (the most current updated version of APA)
How to submit:
● Please submit your CR to AACIG email at: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 1st, 2019.
● Image files, permission forms, teaching materials, and assessment instruments are must be individually submitted.
● Questions and inquiry should be sent to Dr. Jaehan Bae, AACIG Instructional Resource Coordinator, at: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to WAEA News!
Click on the RSS Feed below