- A great opportunity for art teachers to learn new techniques to bring to their classrooms!
- The money we make from this event is distributed to art teachers across the country through $250 grants for art glass supplies for the classroom.
- We are offering a 30% discount for teachers who take a class at GEM4.
- Link to GEM4: https://gem.kbwfoundation.com/wp/
- Link to application for Grants: https://www.kbwfoundation.com/pdfs/kbwgrantapp2019.pdf
- Code for 30 % discount: GEMTeach2019
August 15-18 is our art glass teaching event at The Vinery.
Greetings Arts Education Friends.
Here is the June WI DPI Fine Arts and Creativity Education newsletter. This issue highlights the adoption of the newWisconsin Standards for Dance, updates for the music, theatre, and art & design standards, events, and highlights from the school year.
Professional Development Opportunities -
In your upcoming summer activities, besides reading the newsletter, also consider attending a few professional development sessions. Check the Fine Arts Professional Development website.
Wisconsin Standards for Art & Design draft –
Share your feedback to the Wisconsin Standards for Art & Design draft. An invitation to participate in a public survey will be out in early July 2019. The link for this survey and the draft will be available online at - https://dpi.wi.gov/fine-arts/art-design.
Stay up to date with news and happenings across the Wisconsin – Follow the WI DPI Arts Education Twitter page - @WisDPIArtsEd.
Thank you again for all you do to inspire, inform, and engage our students in the arts. I hope your summer provides time to learn and smile.
Julie A. Palkowski, Ph.D.
Education Consultant- Fine Arts and Creativity; SEADAE Past President
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction- Content and Learning Team
125 South Webster Street
PO Box 7841
Madison, WI 53707-7841
(608) 261-7494; Fax 608-266-1965
Subscribe to WAEA News!
Click on the RSS Feed below