ART SEEDS e-Mentor Program
Wisconsin Art Education Association goal and mission is to become the Go-to-Place for art educators by promoting excellence in visual art and design education for all students by:
• Providing professional growth opportunities for visual art and design teachers
• Showcasing student talents and abilities through exhibits and art competitions
• Supporting art and design as academic core disciplines
• Communicating with other art and design organizations
• Offering lifelong learning opportunities acting on vital art and design education issues.
WAEA has a framework of board members that plan and implement professional development events, advocate for art education, provide art workshops and recognize the successes of art teachers across Wisconsin. WAEA would like to offer another venue for art teachers to collaborate regarding their teaching, ART SEEDS, the WAEA e-Mentor Program. Many teachers across WI are the only art teacher in their building or may be the only teacher in their district so having an e-mentor available to ask questions about lesson planning, classroom management or just to have another art friend to share their art teaching challenges with the WAEA e-Mentors would be helpful. Although you may have other art teachers in you district, another opinion regarding teaching may assist you so feel free to contact our e-Mentors if you are a veteran teacher or new teacher. Each art mentor is an expert art teacher with ART SEEDS of knowledge/know-how to plant so let us help you!!!!