Here are some reminders to increase advocacy for the arts in our schools, districts, and our larger community.
• Know the Stakes - “Who” suffers when art education is cut and/or invalidated
in your school?
• When Opportunity Knocks, Invite it - Use opportunities and experiences in the
classroom to inform and educate others about the higher order merits of
constructed and problem-based learning. Share the learning experience with
• Donʼt Operate on Assumptions - Donʼt assume everyone understands the
relevancy and merits of art & design and art education. We all know how
important it is to “the core,” as well as creative thinking, problem-solving,
creating, and being able to visualize ideas. Spread the word,collaborate, and
• Put it in the News! - Share stories about what is going on in and outside of the
art room. Write a press release and/or publish content so it getʼs out there!
• Stay Connected - Visit NAEAʼs advocacy page to learn more!
• Share It! - Email your stories, rrs feeds, tweets, and more to Lisa Ulik,