WAEA Structural Chart
_Click on the file below to download the WAEA Structural Chart. Gain access to how a state non-profit organization works.
Click on the file below to download and read the WAEA Constitution
WAEA Mission Statement and Vision Statement
The mission of the Wisconsin Art Education Association is to promote excellence in visual art and design education for all students by:
• Providing professional growth opportunities for visual art and design teachers.
• Showcasing student talents and abilities supporting art and design as academic core disciplines.
• Communicating with other art and design organizations.
• Offering lifelong learning opportunities acting on vital art and design education issues.
In the decade ahead, we envision:
• An organization that lives out the values expressed in our Mission Statement, seeking and
valuing contributions from each member
most art educators in the state of Wisconsin will be WAEA members.
• Members for whom the art of teaching is the first priority.
• An organization which is diverse culturally, ethnically and economically.
• Programs aimed at developing the whole person and promoting creative, intellectual and
• New partnerships with arts organizations, institutions and businesses.
• Fiscal resources which keep the organization financially strong.
• WAEA will sponsor travel and trips in the United States and abroad.
• The Visual Arts Classic will become a national model.
WAEA History & Purpose
History & Purpose The Wisconsin Art Education Association was founded in 1950 as a state organization to further scholarship and excellence in art education.
To achieve these goals, the Wisconsin Art Education Association works in partnership with public and private schools, colleges and universities, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, Wisconsin Alliance for Arts Education (WAAE), Wisconsin Education Association Council (WEAC), Wisconsin Arts Board, the National Art Education Association (NAEA), museums, and art materials suppliers.
Members are encouraged to participate as conference presenters, Board members, and Visual Arts Classic coaches. Members are also encouraged to participate in Youth Art Month activities on the regional and state level.